Gifts and merchandise come in all different shapes and sizes, and often times a USPS tube is the best option for shipping items like fishing poles, posters and prints, telescopes, and golf clubs. The USPS provides two free packaging options for mailing tubes being shipped with Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express. While you will need to use your own packaging, First Class Package Service is also a great low-cost alternative to ship tubes as long as your package weight is less than 13 oz.
Selecting USPS Mailing Tubes In Stamps.com
Shipping USPS tubes using Stamps.com is easy! The first thing to know is that you don’t need to look for a separate mailpiece type called “Tubes” from the drop-down Mail Class/Mailpiece menus. When mailing tubes, you can select “Packages” as your mailpiece type. Priority Mail is a great option for shipping tubes with costs ranging from $5.05 to $144.82 for all 9 shipping zones and package weights of up to 70 lbs.
Get Free USPS Priority Mail Tubes
There is no USPS flat rate for tubes, and no special flat rate packaging for tubes. However, the USPS does offer free non-flat rate packaging for your tubes. Ordering this packaging is convenient within the Stamps.com software. You can also use your own packaging, but to order free USPS tube packaging, log in to your software and click on “Online Store, ” which appears beneath “Buy Supplies.” Two types of free tubes are available in the section called “Free USPS Supplies”:
– Dual-Use Priority Mail/Priority Mail Express Small Tube (25″ x 6″ x 6″ x 5-7/8″)
– Dual-Use Priority Mail/Priority Mail Express Medium Tube (37-11/16″ x 6-1/8″ x 5-1/8″ x 5-1/16″)
Package Tracking For USPS Mailing Tubes
Need tracking? Not to worry. The barcoded shipping label for your tube (which you can wrap around the tube as long as you don’t cover the barcode), includes built-in tracking for your package.
Important Tips For USPS Mailing Tubes
– You can send tubes by First Class Package Service, as long as the tube’s weight is less than 13 oz.
– Since Priority Mail is zone-based pricing, for certain zip codes you will have to enter the dimensions of your tube in order to obtain the correct rate.
– To create an International shipping label for a tube, click on the International tab and select “Package” as your mailpiece.